Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Time Grumpiness

Ever since Fall decided to show up a week and a half ago I've been super grumpy. Like don't talk to me, I don't care - grumpy. I've been trying to distract myself with errands, sprinkled in with some fun and lots of walks in the neighborhood, but the grumpiness still persists. Our record stretch of dry sunny days was broken with rain storms, making my mood even worse. We marked the beginning of the fall with new haircuts, cleaning out our veggie garden and really good home cooked meals by candlelight.

The Proper Salon
Robot Bear
Dining By Candlelight

By the following weekend, I was over this fall thing. I want summer back - PRONTO! But that doesn't look like it's going to happen for several more months, so we went to The Barn to get fresh produce and pumpkins and maybe get more jazzed about this whole autumn season.

Eyeing Pumpkins
Long Island & Peanut Pumpkins
Cinderella & Ghost Pumpkins
Pink Banana Pumpkins

We also got apples, which will probably go bad because we're not big apple people.

Apple Bins

Even after a piping hot bowl of pho, I was still grumpy so a walk around the neighborhood was in order, which helped for a little bit.

Fall Leaves

But eventually all that produce we got was stressing me out and we spent the rest of the rainy weekend canning tomatoes and cooking yummy food.

Kitchen Counter

I sure hope this whole season change comes and goes quickly, fall has turned into my least favorite time of the year.

No comments: